ANDY'S NOTES:Published in 1886, "A Joke" is one of the over 200 short stories Anton Chekhov wrote in his over the span of writing career. Like many of Chekov's stories, the characters in "A Joke" are richly drawn and emotionaly potent, making it a story worth retelling!
This film adaptation was shot over 2 days on the snowy hills of New Hampshire and then 2 addtional days later that summer in Long Island and Brooklyn, NY. "A Joke" was screened at 13 film festivals in the U.S. and one in London. It was awarded the honor of "Best Film" by the judges at the Iron Mule Comedy Film Series on Aug 7th, 2010 and "Best Adapted Short Screenplay" at the Williamsburg Indepedent Film Festival on November 20, 2010.
- Red Rock FF Encore Screeing (Zion Park, UT) 04/21/2012
- Green Bay Film Festival(Green Bay, WI) 03/25/2012
- Iron Mule Comedy Film Series 8th Anniversary (New York, NY) 04/08/2011
- Bootleg Film Festival (London, England) 02/05/2011
- Williamsburg Independent Film Festival (Brooklyn, NY) 11/20/2010 [WINNER]
- Red Rock Film Festival (Zion Park, UT) 11/13/2010
- Motion Film Festival (Tampa, Forida) 11/06/2010
- Big Apple Film Festival (New York, NY) 11/05/2010
- Alexandria Film Festival (Alexandria, VA) 11/05/2010
- Anahiem Film Festival (Anahiem, CA) 10/15/2010
- Williamsburg International Film Festival (Brooklyn, NY) 09/25/2010
- Iron Mule Comedy Film Series (New York, NY) 08/07/2010 [WINNER]
- Bronx Internation Film Festival (Bronx, NY) 06/18/2010
- SENE Music & Arts Festival (Providence, RI) 04/10/2010